I haven't made any recipes from them yet, but there are a few dessert recipes I can't wait to make!
Wednesday's meals:
Breakfast- Cold cereal with almond/coconut milk
Lunch- Avocado on french bread with a touch of salt
Dinner- Gnocchi with creamy tomato basil sauce
This Gnocchi was super easy to make. Again you boil the gnocchi for a few minutes just until they float to the top of the water. For the sauce I just used canned pasta sauce and added about 1/3 cup of coconut milk, and bit of freshly picked(from my mini planter garden out front) basil. I tossed the gnocchi into the sauce, to soak up all that creamy saucy deliciousness, a few minutes before I served it. I had a lovely piece of fresh french bread with vegan butter to accompany it.
Thursday's meals:
Breakfast- Cold cereal with almond/coconut milk
Lunch- Veggie salad- diced tomatoes, sliced carrots, broccoli, lettuce, chick peas, and italian dressing.
Dinner- Veggie pizza
I was really in a veggie mood on Thursday. This salad totally hit the spot. It was fresh, delicious, and filling. I didn't use very much lettuce (because i didn't want that much), but all the other veggies were perfectly splendid.
This pizza was quick, easy, and super delicious. I think it was about 15 min. from start to finish. The trick is having a pizza crust mix. I use Namaste's gluten free pizza crust(pictured below). It is SO tasty! I used marinara sauce, vegan shredded cheese, tomatoes, red and yellow bell pepper, portobello mushroom, fresh oregano, and fresh basil. It was delightful!
I don't always eat gluten free foods, but this crust is so delicious, and easy to make I love to use it. All you do is add water and a little bit of oil and it's ready to be spread on a pizza stone. It cooks in about 15 minutes then I simply add my toppings, heat for a few more minutes and enjoy.
Friday's meals:
Breakfast- Cold cereal with almond/coconut milk
Lunch- Snacks- leftover pizza, chick peas (yes, I ate them plain), green peas, etc.
Dinner- Refried bean and onion lettuce wraps and corn on the cob
The bean and onion wraps probably seem weird, but I watched a vegan cooking video a little while back where he made these. I started out by sauteing the onions. But to save a few calories I started by cooking them down with water first before I added a tad of olive oil to really make them nice and carmely. Then I mixed in fresh oregano, some brown rice, and a can of refried beans(I would have mashed my own black beans, but waited too long to make dinner). I grilled up some corn on the cob in my grill pan and called it a meal! It was actually quite tasty, filling, and really very healthy.
On a different note, It has been exactly 3 weeks today since I started this vegan journey. I don't know what my cholesterol looks like, but I am feeling SO GOOD! And I have lost 6 lbs. so far. I think 2 pounds a week is pretty good. I just need to keep it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment