Monday, June 18, 2012

Just another manic monday

     Today wasn't really that manic, I have just had that song stuck in my head since I heard it on the radio earlier today. Today was a somewhat productive day. I skipped out on Zumba this morning because I have been super tired. I'm probably going to keep this post short and sweet so that I can go to bed in just a minute.
     Breakfast and lunch were pretty ordinary, but we got to share dinner with my wonderful friend Orchid. I made tofu fajita burritos. They were delicious and very filling. I waited too long to decide what to make for dinner (because I was cleaning the house a lot today). And when that happens I usually end up making some type of taco, burrito, or just random stir fry. I sauteed some red, orange, yellow, and green bell pepper slices with onion and tofu in a tad of olive oil. I added salt, pepper, and cumin for flavor. Then I heated up some black beans and cooked some brown rice. Throw it all together in a tortilla with some diced tomatoes and lettuce and you have a lovely dinner!
     I remembered half way through dinner to take a picture :)

Monday's meals:
Breakfast: Steel cut oats with flax seeds, brown sugar, and soy milk
Lunch: Leftover teriyaki tofu with coconut rice and mixed vegetables. (There wasn't a lot left, so I added some tofu.)
Dinner: Tofu fajita burritos
Snacks: Grapes, almonds, and left over oatmeal cookies.

I'm really enjoying how my body is feeling. Other than not getting enough sleep (which is totally my fault, I just love to stay up late with my wonderful hubby). I do notice more energy throughout the day. By the way I am down another pound. 4 lbs. down in a week and a half! I'm loving my new lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment