Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lazy days

     I would like you all to know that when I say lazy days, I don't mean in every aspect of my life. Only my cooking was lazy today. I was actually working very hard, and because of that I didn't want to give too much energy to cooking. So I ate left-overs for lunch and snacked for dinner. I would also like to point out that Brett wasn't hungry for dinner when I got home, so he was not neglected at all.
     Now on to my meals. Wednesday's dinner was really quite simple. I started by cooking some whole wheat penne pasta. While that was cooking I sauteed green and yellow bell peppers, onion, zucchini, and portobello mushrooms in a bit of olive oil. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and italian seasonings. When the pasta was done cooking I threw it in the pan with the vegetables and added some pasta sauce and a tablespoon of vegan cream cheese. Once it was all incorporated I put it in an 8x8, covered it in vegan shredded cheese, and baked it at 350 until it was nice, warm, and melty. (Vegan cheese doesn't melt the same as regular cheese, but it is still tasty)

Wednesday's meals:
Breakfast- Steel cut oatmeal with flax seed, brown sugar, and almond/coconut milk
Lunch- Left-over mushroom gnocchi
Dinner- Creamy baked pasta with sauteed vegetables
Snacks- Chocolate peanut butter muffins

This is the chocolate peanut butter muffin recipe (http://www.egglesscooking.com/2009/10/13/vegan-peanut-butter-muffins/) They are seriously SO tasty! I wouldn't even know they were vegan if I didn't make them myself.

Thursday's meals:
Breakfast- Cold cereal with almond/coconut milk
Lunch- Left-over baked pasta
Dinner- A chocolate peanut butter muffin


I know that it seems pretty pathetic that I ate a chocolate muffin for dinner, but it was just one of those days.











If anyone has any suggestions or questions please feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment