Sunday, June 24, 2012

Busy little beaver

     The weekend is coming to a close and I find myself wishing for another day to actually relax.  Saturday was a super packed day for me. And my wonderful husband was so willing to take care of Simon all by himself all day long. Friday was pretty uneventful (at least from what I can remember). Saturday morning I did a booth at a Saturday's market with a couple other Mary Kay consultants. Then I headed straight to Rexburg and held 4 appointments. I got home and flopped on the couch after a very warm and very tiring day. Today has been lovely. We finally got our swamp cooler fixed, so we aren't dying of heat exhaustion.

     Well enough about me, on to the meals. Friday my friend Melissa let me go pick strawberries out of her garden. This picture was taken after I had already eaten quite a few. Mmmmm don't they look tasty? Well other than snacking on a few at a time I didn't even use them until Sunday. But boy did I use them!







Friday's meals:
Breakfast- Cold cereal with soy milk
Lunch- veggie wrap
Dinner- Chinese cabbage salad (http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-08-31T00%3A05%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=3) you have to scroll down the blog a ways to find it.

Inside my spinach wrap is vegan cream cheese, roasted garlic flavored veganaise, yellow and green bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and spinach.

This picture really doesn't do this salad justice. Before I was vegan I would make this recipe with chicken. And I have to say that it tastes amazing either way.









Saturday's meals:
Breakfast- Cheerios with strawberries, bananas, and soymilk
Lunch- Salad
Dinner- Tofu burrito

     Like I said earlier Saturday was a busy day. So I didn't actually get any pictures taken. But my breakfast was tasty, lunch was at Pizza Pie Cafe (I ordered the salad bar), and dinner was put together quickly because I came home starving and wanting fast food. My burrito was delicious though. It had tofu fried in coconut oil, refried beans, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, vegan sour cream, and vegan shredded "cheese".

Sunday's meals:
Breakfast- Cheerios with bananas and almond/coconut milk
Lunch- vegan pancakes (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-pancakes/) with homemade strawberry syrup and hash browns
Dinner- snacks
This may not look very appetizing, because my photography skills and camera quality are not the best. But boy is this stuff TASTY!!!!! This is homemade strawberry syrup. I blended fresh strawberries and a handful of frozen huckleberries with a cup of water. Then I added about 1/2 cup of agave nectar. I used this mainly so I wouldn't have to heat up sugar and water to get it liquified. I found that it didn't need anything else.






Again a not so wonderful picture. I poured a lot of syrup on top, because it's so delicious, then realized you can't even see the pancake. Speaking of the pancakes, they are super duper tasty. I think I even like them better than regular pancakes.










And to finish off my post today, I wanted to show you my adorable son. We were playing with packing peanuts from my delivered product. They are made out of rice, so when they get wet they stick. And i decided to see how many Simon would let me stick to his head. This is the end result:
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as I am and having as beautiful weather as Idaho is!

2 comments:

  1. April! I think your blog is absolutely fantastic and it's really impressive how you're changing your lifestyle! I thought I might leave a couple vegan recipe suggestions for you, that I love even though I'm an omnivore:
    1) Sauteed onions and garlic, a can chopped tomatoes, a can of chickpeas, cumin, coriander, and cayenne to taste. Cook it down until thick and hot through. Pop it in a whole wheat pita with sliced cucumbers and it's got you covered on all sorts of nutrients! (I bet you could top it with vegan sour cream or yogurt, too)
    2) My aunt made this bruschetta and aioli vegan (she used silken tofu instead of mayo in the aioli, and it is incredible), and the topping is great just chopped up and added to anything (salad, sandwich, whatever!) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Portobello-Bruschetta-with-Rosemary-Aioli-104179

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate! You are the best! I am going to try both of these this week!

    ReplyDelete