Monday, June 11, 2012

Days 3 and 4 (I need to be more creative)

     So apparently I like to wait 2 days between blogs. This isn't intentional. I think it's the procrastinator in me trying so very hard to keep me from staying on top of things. I was going to post something last night, but ended up chatting with sisters and then deciding to go to bed instead of staying up late. Tonight is different. I just got home from Zumba and am on a bit of an endorphin rush. So even though it's late and I should be sleeping now, I think I will stay up and document my days instead. Okay, i just have  to put in a little side note for Zumba though. It is so much FUN!!! And I can seriously feel the burn!  That is my exercise throughout this process. In case you thought I was just going to change what I eat and nothing else. Don't worry people, this is a total 180 degree flip for me! My life will never be the same!
      Okay lets get down to business now. This week has been so wonderful. I am feeling so great! I feel like I am a better wife and mother now too. I really believe that when you take care of yourself first, you will be more fit to take care of those around you. We usually think of motherhood as such a selfless thing, (and I do believe that it is). But when I take the time for myself to put good food into my body, to exercise, to have special time for meditation and for the Lord I am able to then give 100% of the rest of my time to my sweet baby boy and wonderful husband.
     Now onto my meals. Let's see if I can remember what I ate yesterday (It's a good thing I have been taking pictures).

Sunday's meals:
Breakfast: Honey Bunches of Oats with coconut milk (I bought 3 different kinds of milk so I don't get bored of any of them)
Lunch: Fried polenta with sauteed mushrooms, onions, avocados and tomatoes.
Dinner: Whole wheat rotini pasta topped with grilled portobello mushrooms, grilled onions, and tomatoes. Topped with a white wine vinaigrette sauce with fresh basil, dried rosemary, and a mix of italian herbs. With the most delicious honeydew melon I've ever tasted.
Dessert: Some chocolate peanut butter soy milk ice cream. I really shouldn't buy any more of this. Even though It's not made of cow's milk it still has a lot of calories...

Pictured here is my lunch. What you see is only half of what I ate. I just remembered to take the picture half way through my meal.











And to my right is dinner. Our friend Robby was able to join us because he was in town for a class. He approved of this meal. I do have to agree. It was quite tasty. I really like using portobello mushrooms. They have such a dense meaty texture.








Monday's meals:
Breakfast: Honey Bunches of oats again. But this time I had it with vanilla almond milk.
Lunch: Fried polenta with sauteed mushrooms, onions, refried beans, cilantro and tomatoes. I know it looks similar to lunch from the day before, but I was in a hurry and it was very accessible.
Dinner: Tofu and portobello fajita burritos.
After-Zumba snack: Water and grapes

As you can probably tell by the name, tonight's dinner was kind of an experiment (most of my cooking usually is). It started out as fajitas and turned into burritos when I realized that I wanted a bit more substance. I seasoned(salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin) and grilled up some extra firm tofu then sauteed some portobello mushroom, green bell peppers, onions, and carrots. Then I heated up some refried beans and cooked some brown rice. I threw it all in a tortilla and called it a meal.

     



Tonight's dinner really needed some vegan sour cream. I am definitely going to have to start planning all of my dinners for the week ahead of time. Also I think I will be needing a vegan cookbook. If anyone has any suggestions I would love them. If not I will probably go to Barnes & Noble and check out the options.







     Well we didn't have any crazy incidents these last two days (surprisingly). But I am really loving life. I can't wait to see where else this journey takes me! And I'm glad that all of you are coming along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment