If you got on yesterday or this morning expecting to see a post and didn't, I am sorry. But I have been staying up way too late to write at night. A lovely reminder from the best bonus dad helped me to really see this. I think I am going to start blogging in the morning, when my mind is fresh and I remember events from the day before.
This weekend has been great! To be honest I'm having a little difficulty remembering exactly how Thursday and Friday went, but I know they were good. Summer in Idaho is so nice! Not too hot, not too cold. And when the sun shines, there's nothing better. When Brett came home for lunch on Thursday (he works 5 minutes away so I get to see him for lunch every day), we all went for a little family bike ride. We have a super awesome InStep bicycle trailer for Simon! And he absolutely LOVES it! At some point I will take a picture of it. We are planning on having many many more bike rides.
My Thursday evening was a little jam packed with me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. So we ended up just grabbing some fast food on our way to Rexburg. If there's one thing I learned this weekend, it's that fast food restaurants are not the best place for a vegan to go. Especially not Arby's...
This vegan process has been actually pretty easy. That is up until Thursday night. Having to sit in the car next to Brett eating a cheesy roast beef sandwich made me feel a little jealous, sad, and hungry. I guess this just means I can't be lazy about dinners. Oh and I have a little funny story about my salad too. I had them not put chicken on my salad, but forgot not to ask for cheese. So while I was smelling the fragrant fumes from Brett's sandwich I was tediously picking grated cheese strands from every nook and cranny of my salad. It was pretty pathetic.
Thursdays meals:
Breakfast: Cold cereal with soy milk
Lunch: Fried tofu, brown rice, black beans, avocado, and tomato wrapped in a tomato basil tortilla wrap.
Dinner: Garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette
Dessert: Fruit salad and soy milk ice cream
Snacks: Grapes, almonds, chocolate soy milk
This is Thursday's lunch. It was scrumptious.
Friday's meals:
Breakfast: I know it is so boring, but I had cold cereal again. It's just so easy.
Lunch: I'm pretty sure I just snacked all day on Flour tortillas with vegan butter and cinnamon sugar (I had a sweet tooth), grapes, and nuts.
Dinner: Tofu chili and vegan cornbread.
Here is the cornbread recipe:
http://www.theppk.com/2007/10/vegan-cornbread/
It's not fantastic... but it doesn't have milk or eggs in it...
I think I am going to save all the exciting things that happened today for tomorrow's blog. And I will start a new habit of writing one day at a time the morning after.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Father's day. I am grateful for all of my fathers and my incredible husband who is an amazing dad.
Being a dad can be tiring some times. But naps always help.
Simon likes to play at the park with daddy!
But most of all they just like to spend time with each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment