Thursday, July 5, 2012

Procrastination in full force


     I really apologize about my tardiness with this post. Life has been a bit crazy lately. And when I stay up late usually the last thing I want to do is try to put together a somewhat decent blog post. But now that I am recovering from a super fun-filled and busy day yesterday I have a few moments to relax and chug out this post. And I will do my best to squeeze 5 days into a readable/enjoyable amount. 
     First off I will just list my meals then have all the fun pictures follow.

Saturday’s meals:
Breakfast-cheerios
Lunch- an apple (I know this sounds pathetic, but it was a SUPER busy day and I didn't have time to even think about eating a real meal)
Dinner- Rumbi tofu rice bowl with hawaiian teriyaki sauce (I didn't take a picture because we ate at the restaurant and I didn't have my camera with me)

Sunday’s meals:
Breakfast- Cheerios with almond/coconut milk
Lunch/Dinner- Salad

Monday’s meals:
Breakfast- Oatmeal with peanut butter and banana (This was inspired by my bestie Erica Yoder)
Lunch- Burrito (I'm having a hard time remembering what I put in it. Probably just the usual- refried beans, brown rice, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, bell pepper, vegan sour cream, etc.
Dinner- BBQ- I ate pasta salad, watermelon, and rolls (While everyone else enjoyed Texas Road House BBQ pulled pork, it was quite a challenge)




Tuesday’s meals:
Breakfast- Oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas
Lunch- Bread with avocado and tomato
Dinner-Tofu shepherd’s pie- I am not even going to share the recipe because I didn't like how this turned out. Another day I will make a better one that you can see the recipe for.


Wednesday’s meals:
Breakfast- Vegan pancakes and hash browns
Lunch- French fries, watermelon, and a make-shift salad made from hamburger toppings(lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, pickles, grilled onions)
Dinner- half of a quesadilla with vegan cheese and black beans and then a small piece of pizza(I picked most of the cheese and canadian bacon off. but ended up eating some. I felt a little bad about it at the time, butreally paid for it later with a terrible stomach ache.)

Simon and I went to the zoo with our good friends Orchid and Layla. I didn't take tons of pics, and the lighting was terrible in the first one. But here is Simon and me in front of some goats.


Simon has been making this face a lot. And I was finally able to capture it on film. I think he's pretty darn cute.



 This was taken while waiting for the fireworks to start. It was a beautiful sunset and I tried to capture it as best as I could with a not so amazing camera.Simon was a champ during the fireworks. We were pretty close so they were pretty loud. He was a little scared at first, but then calmed down and fell asleep 10 minutes into the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment