Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zumba, sunrises, and tofu tacos

     I really need to quit postponing my blogging until after 11:00 pm. I find that the more tired I am, the more severe my writers block is. But even with a non-functional brain I managed to come up with a title that isn't just counting how many days I have been eating only vegan food. In  case you were wondering I am writing about days 5 and 6. It has almost been a whole week and I am feeling fantastic! I am down 3 lbs. and feeling so full of energy it is amazing!
     Yesterday was a little bit of a lazy day. We had gone to bed really late the night before, so when I woke up with my energetic little one year old I was not ready to be up for the day. I fed him and made him go back to sleep. We both slept from 8:00-10:00 am. It was a very much needed nap for the both of us. And it allowed me to rest up for the busy day that I had today.
     My day today began at 5:30 am. I popped out of bed right when my alarm went off, I put some exercise clothes on, threw my hair in a pony tail, applied deodorant of course, ate an energy bar and left for Zumba. If there's one thing I love about summer, it's how early the sun rises and how late it sets. As I was driving to class I got to enjoy a beautiful Idaho sunrise. It was the PERFECT way to start out my day. And because I got up with the sun I didn't feel tired at all today.

Tuesday's meals:
Breakfast- Honey bunches of oats with almond milk.
Lunch- Fried tofu soft taco/burrito with refried beans, brown rice, avocado, tomato, and sauteed mushrooms.
Dinner- Portobello mushroom cap marinated in balsamic vinaigrette and grilled. Served with brown rice, green beans and grapes.
Snacks- Almonds, chocolate soy milk, and grapes.

This is my lunch on Tuesday. I feel like I have been eating a lot of Mexican inspired food. But it is just so easy to get a complete protein with beans and rice. And what goes better with beans and rice than a taco?







And this is Tuesday's dinner. It was thrown together pretty quickly, but the mushrooms were hearty and full of flavor.











Wednesday's meals:
Breakfast- Energy bar before workout and almonds and chocolate soy milk after. (I realized after I got home that there is milk in the energy bars...
Lunch- Tofu tacos with black beans, brown rice, avocado, and tomato. And later a veggie sandwich.
Dinner- Potatoes, tofu, tomato, and avocado all cooked up together and thrown on a plate. I was in a hurry...
Snacks- Almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas(pumpkin seeds)
     I kind of had 2 lunches today, because I got up so early and only had a snacky breakfast. I made tacos around 10:30 and went out for a business lunch with some girls at 1:00. I didn't take a pic of my veggie sandwich, but it was pretty much just a sandwich made with veggies...
     Dinner was kind of just thrown in a pan and onto a plate. I was in a bit of a rush to get to my success meeting tonight. And I didn't even take a picture. I got a little hungry while at my meeting, so i snacked on some nuts and seeds. And when I got home I made Brett a burrito and stole a few bites. 
     I have to say that I am really loving this journey. Even though  some of my food may seen a bit repetitive it is all so tasty! If you have any questions about recipes, please feel free to comment and ask. 

I might as well finish off this post with an adorable picture of my beautiful family!
These are the people I would do anything for. They are fun, silly, wonderful, and mine! We're always playing around here. Because what is the point of life if you don't have joy. I hope that the changes I am making in my life today will allow me more time with these incredible people!


No comments:

Post a Comment