Sunday, July 15, 2012

Singin' in the rain

Idaho has been experiencing rain these lat few days and I am LOVING IT!!! It makes me miss home, but it also helps to cool off after these 95 degree days. Yesterday we had a fun-filled day that involved going to the temple, meeting some friends for frozen yogurt, and heading over to the beautiful Mesa Falls. We somehow forgot to bring coats with us when we left the house, so we didn't actually hike down to the falls, but we still had lots of fun. Pictures will be shown later. 

Thursday’s meals:
Breakfast- cold cereal
Lunch-leftover pita pocket
Dinner- chips and avocado, tomato, pinto bean, corn, green onion dip,
Dessert- vegan chocolate cake (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-chocolate-cake/detail.aspx)
When I made this cake I used balsamic vinegar instead of white. It was a suggestion at the bottom of the recipe. I like how it turned out. This cake isn't too sweet, so I don't get a sugar overload when I eat it, but it is very tasty.

Friday’s meals:
Breakfast- cold cereal
Lunch- veggie sandwich
Dinner- veggie egg rolls, rice, and sweet chili sauce (http://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2009/04/baked-vegetable-egg-rolls.html)



I had a lot of fun making these egg rolls. They were very simple, and looking at the final product I feel a little bit like a professional. Don't they look great? The first picture is of what is the egg roll mixture on the inside. We ate the egg rolls with some rice and thai chili sauce. I think the chili sauce is a new favorite of mine. 


Saturday’s meals:
Breakfast- energy bar, nectarine, water
Lunch- Chips and dip
Dinner- taco bell 7-layer burrito w/out meat, cheese, sour cream
Dessert- kiwi loco frozen yogurt

Saturday morning started nice and early with an energy bar and some ZUMBA! My tummy always grumbles when I'm on my way home, so I put a nectarine in the car to snack on during my 15 minute drive home. As you can probably tell I have a new favorite obsession. It's eating chips and dip for meals. I don't know how "healthy" it is, but they are corn chips and dip made from fresh and delicious ingredients.
I make my dip using avocado, tomato, beans, corn, and italian dressing. I change it up depending on what kid of beans I have, but the rest usually stays the same. I enjoy it with these awesome tortilla chips  we get from Sam's Club and I can fill up on just that.

Later on Saturday we enjoyed some Kiwi Loco with friends. Now usually they have a "dairy-free" option which I enjoy, but this time their dairy free option was SUPER GROSS!!! It tasted like tang. So I have to admit to all of you lovely readers that I did have frozen yogurt. I didn't eat a lot and I topped it with tons of yummy strawberries, kiwis, and blueberries. Try not to be too upset with me. The temptation was just too great. I think I'm doing pretty well though excluding this event. Oh and I had a burrito at taco bell. I had them take out all the yummy stuff, but it was still pretty tasty.

Now for all of my fun pics. I realize now that I don't have tons, but the ones I do have are pretty adorable.
Isn't the view beautiful? It was really nice to get out of the city for a day and enjoy the scenery.

We stopped to feed the fish in Warm River on our way to the falls.

Sometimes when I take Simon's picture he will hold still long enough for me to change his diaper. I think it worked for a moment here. But isn't he just so cute?

And here is my little monkey climbing on boxes. I just thought it was too cute not to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment