Thursday, July 12, 2012

My poor sick baby boy

     Wow it's been a crazy few days. My poor little baby had a fever of 104 and now he has some sort of a rash. I just got back from the doctor's office and put the little bug down for a nap. So I have a few minutes to jot down a post. (below is a picture of my poor sick baby with a bunch of drool coming out of his mouth)
     Monday started bright and early with my alarm going off at 5:30 to make it to Zumba. Lunch was a pretty ordinary vegetable sandwich with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, bell pepper, lettuce, and garlic veganaise. When dinner came around I made a dip with tomatoes, avocado, pinto beans, corn, green onions, and italian dressing. I filled up on chips and dip and didn't have room for a real dinner.


Monday’s meals:
Breakfast- energy bar and cold cereal
Lunch-veggie sandwich
Dinner- chips and avocado, tomato, pinto bean, corn, green onion dip.


 Tuesday was another pretty ordinary day. Cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and an awesome chickpea, tomato, and onion pita pocket.
Tuesday’s meals:
Breakfast- cold cereal
Lunch- veggie sandwich
Dinner- chickpea tomato and onion pita pocket
     I tried a different pita bread recipe and it worked so much better this way. The recipe I tried before had the pockets rise and then be flattened out. This recipe has them rise right before they are cooked. It creates nice big pockets inside.


     The chickpea, tomato, and onion mixture was a recipe given to me by my friend Kate! It was a huge success! I sauteed onions and garlic then added a can of diced tomatoes and a can of drained chickpeas. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder. I didn't have any coriander, but if I did I would have used that as well. Then I topped it with vegan sour cream and diced cucumber. It was SO delicious! I think everyone should try this one. Also don't ever hesitate to share recipes! I love fresh ideas!

     Again I had cereal for breakfast on Wednesday. And when lunch time came along I was quite busy, so a hawaiian shaved ice was all I had time for. But I had a piece of pizza(with all the toppings scraped off) as a somewhat early dinner, a few carrot and cucumber sticks and then leftover pita pocket when I got home later.
Wednesday’s meals:
Breakfast- cold cereal
Lunch- Hawaiian shaved ice
Dinner- Pizza with cheese removed, veggies, left over pita pocket

     On a slightly unrelated note, I wanted to share with you all a little project I have had going. I heard that you can re-grow green onions, so I tried it out for myself. Whenever I would use a green onion to eat or cook with I would place the stump into a cup of water on my window sill. The onions in this picture are a few weeks old. When I ran out of onions to use I used one of the re-grown onions. They taste great! And it was kind of fun to watch how quickly they grow!

Again don't ever hesitate to share recipes or comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment